Technical Consulting Services
Building Intelligence Group is focused on putting the technologies, systems, tools and processes in place to achieve high performance buildings through the delivery of greater safety, comfort, productivity, and operational and energy efficiency. Common solution provided for building owners include integrated systems, controls optimization, and HVAC system retrofits and upgrades.
Our work often takes the form of master planning across an enterprise, and may progress to design of specific building systems, technology and contractor selection, economic analysis, and verification and benchmarking. Our clients include universities, research laboratories, retail, corporate (owner-occupied) real estate, and utilities. Services offered include the following:
- Full spectrum of building system and energy engineering services
- Energy assessments, investment-grade audits and re-engineering studies
- Energy modeling
- Facilitation of energy efficiency improvements
- Controls commissioning and optimization
- Facility management consulting
- Smart Grid and demand response consulting
- Planning, evaluation and selection of technologies, suppliers, and options
- Financial analysis and justification
- Technical evaluation and recommendations
- System design and specification
- Project management and validation
Strategic Consulting Services
Our background and our work across three primary industry constituents, building owners and operators, suppliers and contractors, and industry organizations and researchers, allows us a comprehensive understanding of the HVAC and building automation industry. We apply this understanding in work with manufacturers and suppliers, as well as industry organizations. Our work in this area includes items such as market research, formulation of marketing, business, and/or product strategy, product management and marketing, and facilitation and guidance on acquisitions, investments, and partnerships. Our clients include suppliers, consultants and systems integrators for whom we provide the following specific services:
- Global business strategy and planning
- Development of standards and direction
- Facilitation of alliances and partnerships
- Market development
- Creation of technical and marketing materials, case studies, articles, presentations and seminars
Industry Research, Education and Advocacy
To facilitate the advancement of high performance buildings, a third area of our work includes:
- Conduct of market and technical research related to building systems, HVAC, controls and automation, energy management, and operations.
- Writing for industry press as well as speaking at a variety of events and conferences.
- Participation in industry organizations and consortiums.
- Production of educational events and conferences that serve as forums for learning about and networking with suppliers, consultants, building owners, contractors, integrators, and developers on high performance building design and operation, technologies and practices.
- Publications, such as the Intelligent Building Dictionary